Information for when your highest level of study since leaving secondary education is a higher education course, such as a university degree.


To be eligible for selection into a UniSA degree, diploma or associate degree program using your higher education qualifications, you are required to have fulfilled any prerequisite requirements and other academic requirements for the degree and have completed:

  • at least half a year of full-time equivalent tertiary study, or
  • at least 4 courses from Open Universities Australia, or
  • a UniSA Diploma program or Diploma program from SAIBT or Eynesbury

Selection is based on having a competitive Grade Point Average (GPA).

Using your year 12 results

You can still use your year 12 results for entry into UniSA degrees as long as you have not completed more than two years of equivalent full-time tertiary study. You will need to check if your results are competitive with the current year 12 Selection Ranks. If you are not sure, contact the Future Student Enquiries team for advice.


As well as meeting the eligibility criteria, applicants for the Diploma in Music must undertake a musical audition with staff of the James Morrison Academy of Music as a minimum standard of musical performance is required to commence in the program. Applicants may attend a live audition or submit a recording to the Academy for assessment.

Applicants compete for a position into the degree using their audition score. All other results (e.g. ATAR, VET, GPA, STAT test) are only considered in the case of a tie break.

Internal transfer

Are you a current UniSA student? If so, and you have completed at least half a year of full-time equivalent study, you may be able to transfer to another UniSA degree without needing to apply via SATAC again. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis. Campus Central can provide you with advice and an application form.

If your intended degree does not accept internal transfers, you will need to apply for entry during either the main round or midyear through SATAC. Make sure you are aware of key dates for main round entry starting study at the beginning of the year, or for midyear and summer school entry.

Transferring from another University

If you have completed at least half a year of full-time equivalent study at another recognised institution, you may be able to apply to UniSA via SATAC. You may also be eligible for credit transfer for your previous studies.

Apply to UniSA using your Open Universities Australia studies

Have you studied through Open Universities Australia (OUA)? If you have successfully completed at least four OUA tertiary level subjects, you may be able to use these to apply for entry to UniSA using your grade point average.

OUA offers a number of UniSA courses and degrees to students wanting to study externally. Enrolment for these degrees is direct to OUA.

Apply using your completed diploma

If you have completed a UniSA diploma or SAIBT or Eynesbury diploma you can apply for entry into the first or second year of your chosen UniSA degree.

Preference related degrees

If you are applying for a competitive degree and don’t think you’ll meet the entry requirements to get straight in, you may like to preference a degree in a similar field as a pathway option. Remember being able to transfer into another degree, is a competitive process and not guaranteed. See below for some examples of degree pathway options.

Please contact Future Student Enquiries for recommendations on degrees you can use as a pathway.