As a university with a strong commitment to equity and access, we believe that people should have equal opportunities for further education. Whether you have no previous qualifications or you’ve already studied at a tertiary level through university, TAFE or another registered training organisation (RTO), UniSA offers a range of entry pathways to university study.

  • I am currently in or have completed year 12 minus-thin plus-thin

    Students sit at an outdoor tableEach year, a large number of year 12 students enter UniSA using their selection rank.

    Even if you haven’t completed year 12 recently but still wish to use your selection rank, so long as you have not attempted more than two years of full-time higher education study, you can still use your selection rank as a basis for entry.

    There are a range of things students need to know about year 12 admission, including:

    Eligibility for guaranteed entry

    UniSA offers guaranteed entry into many UniSA programs. If your selection rank (your ATAR plus any adjustment factors) meets the guaranteed entry score for that program, you have met prerequisites and you have listed the program as your first preference, you will receive a guaranteed offer.

    Having a back-up plan

    If you are applying for a competitive degree and don’t think you’ll meet the entry requirements for direct entry, you may consider preferencing a degree in a similar field, or preferencing a pathways program such as a UniSA College Diploma or Foundation Studies.

    Find out more

    ATAR > Degree Finder

    Check out our new ATAR > Degree Finder, to explore which degrees you may be eligible for using your selection rank.

    ATAR > Degree Finder

  • I have no prior qualifications minus-thin plus-thin

    Upskilling with no prior qualifications?

    Maybe you didn't complete year 12 and haven't studied since. Maybe you've been working for some time with no prior qualifications and are seeking to upskill or formalise your skills and experience. You might be seeking a career change and need further qualifications to take that next step. If this sounds like you, we have a range of alternative pathways to help you gain entry.

    Take a UniSA pathway

    UniSA College

    Complete a two-year diploma, then enter second year of a UniSA degree.

    Complete the one-year Foundation Studies program, then apply to enter first year of a UniSA degree.

    Find out more

    UniSA Associate Degree

    Complete a two-year program in engineering, then enter the second year of the related degree.

    Find out more

    Or take an alternative pathway

    Online literacy and numeracy test

    Interested in studying with UniSA Online? You may be eligible to sit this online literacy and numeracy test, offered through ACER.

    Learn more

    Vocational Education Training (VET)

    Apply using a certificate IV, diploma or advanced diploma from TAFE or another Registered Training Organisation (RTO). You may also receive credit for your study or be eligible for guaranteed entry.

    Find out more


    Complete a diploma through the South Australian Institute of Business and Technology (SAIBT). Then enter second year of a related degree. A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) is required.

    Find out more

    Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)

    If you are over 18 and haven't completed more than two years of full-time tertiary study in the last two years, you can sit the STAT for entry into UniSA programs.

    Find out more

  • I have partially completed some university study minus-thin plus-thin

    Changing your university degree?

    Students sit on the lawn in front of Brookman Hall

    Have you spent time at university before? Whether you have studied at UniSA, through Open Universities Australia or at another university, you may apply to transfer based on your grade point average (GPA). If you have completed no more than two years of equivalent full-time tertiary study, you may be able to use your past year 12 results. You will need to check if your results are competitive with the current year 12 ATAR scores. Contact our Future Student Enquiries Team to discuss your options.

    Find out more

  • I have studied a TAFE/VET course minus-thin plus-thin

    Coming to university via a TAFE/VET qualification

    SteveA completed certificate IV, diploma or advanced diploma from a TAFE or RTO may be all you need to apply for a UniSA degree. Through our UniSA Preferred scheme, many programs offer you guaranteed entry if you have a TAFE/RTO diploma or higher, you meet any prerequisites and you list the program as your first preference.

    If you have studied in a relevant area at TAFE or another RTO, you may be able to fast-track your bachelor degree by obtaining credit. Use our online credit assessor to give you a guide on the amount of credit you may receive for your previous study.

    Find out more

  • I am an international student minus-thin plus-thin

    International Pre-entry & pathway programs

    Your previous studies may contribute towards credit, exemption or advanced standing in the program you intend to study. UniSA has credit transfer agreements with institutions in many countries. Find out more about these on our Credit Assessor (opens in a new browser window).

    If you have studied at an institution which is not listed in the database you may still be eligible for credit. Please contact UniSA International for details.

    Find out more

Not sure that any of these fit you? We're here to help.

Contact us

We recognise that it can be difficult to determine which pathway is your most suitable option. Contact us to book a one-on-one appointment where we can review your individual situation and options.